Monday, May 11, 2009

JDRF Diabetes Walk

The JDRF diabetes walk was one of the best days I have had in a long time. What could be better than a fun day with my friends walking around downtown Tacoma for a cure for diabetes? The Juvenile Diabetes Research foundation is an organization that researches and aids patients and families of children with type 1 diabetes. I got involved with JDRF through Find the Cure Clothing. Find the Cure is a t-shirt clothing line that has found an alternative way to raise awareness of diabetes. $2 of every shirt sale goes towards JDRF. I love Find the Cure and I have been supporting them all year. I do whatever I can to represent it whether it’s wearing the shirts, handing out stickers or telling all my friends about it. At the diabetes walk I had all of my team members wearing a different shirt from Find the Cure. We were looking so good in our Find the Cure shirts!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
The diabetes walk was held at the UW Tacoma campus in Pierce County which is the neighboring county to Thurston. My team raised $200 through donations. As a special guest I was given the opportunity to Help cut the ribbon, judge the team t-shirt contest and give a speech.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Through or the walk I had so much fun hanging out with my team. We had a juggler, a puppy, my little sister to name a few. Thank you to everyone who was on my team. It means a lot to me when I have friends who support such a great cause with me.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments: